Friday, April 3, 2009

The day after...

Surgery went fine. The surgeon did find a hyetal hernia, which he repaired. He said that is the reason I was experiencing acid reflux/heart burn. With it repaired I shouldn't have that anymore! YAY!

So I stayed in the hospital one night, and was released to go home this morning. I'm sore all over. My tummy feels like a mac truck ran over it, then backed up and ran over it again. Hopefully that feeling will go away soon, cuz it hurts to laugh, cough, hiccup...and the air bubbles...oh my. I guess part of the procedure is that they have to fill your tummy with air. They try to remove most of it during the surgery, there is always something residual...and your body has to find a way to release it. Burps, coughs, sneezes, etc. Not fun.

I'm so glad I did this. I'm so excited to lose weight because this time I know it's going to work. I just have to stay on the plan. And start exercising as soon as I can. So, it's all good. Yay!

4 comments:

Mrs Pretzel said...

I LOVE YOU!!! I'm so happy to know you're home and resting well!! Happy Burping!! lol

Leah's Crafty Life said...

aww honey. SO happy everything went well for you! Rest up, there's time for exercise soon!!

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you for taking this GIANT step in your life.

Prayers going out for you as you heal and continue on this journey.

Love ~ Nora :~}

Laurajean said...

I'm so happy that everything went okay girl....I'm really excited to see how you do with this...I have a good friend getting ready to do this procedure too....Lol with the burps and gas...Love & hugs girl :0)