To say that "I love Pooh" would be an understatment. Pooh is my hero. I love his philosophy of life. I love the way he thinks. He makes me smile and brings joy to my life. OK...before you call the men in the white coats...YES...I do know that Pooh is ~just~ a figment of someone's imagination...a fictional character. But I ignore all that. Period. End of statement.
Here are a few of my favorite "Pooh-isms". After you read them, how can anyone think that Pooh's not real?
* If it’s the thought that counts, why are there fingers?
* If you want to make a song more hummy, add a few tiddely poms.
* Nobody can be un-cheered with a balloon.
* It’s so much more friendly with two.
* I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me.
* Those who are clever, who have a Brain, never understand anything.
* Before beginning a Hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it.
* Always watch where you are going. Otherwise, you may step on a piece of the forest that was left out by mistake.
* Don’t underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.
* Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
* If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.
* If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.
* Some people care too much, I think it’s called love.
* They’re funny things, Accidents. You never have them till you’re having them.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Saturday, March 1, 2008
We got a letter today from the Engineering Department at the school Cory's going to...and found out he's getting another $2000/year scholarship based on his grades! And it's renewable each year if he maintains his grades at a 3.2 GPA or better! I'm so happy I could just bust. So far he's received $9500 (renewable) and $800 (non-renewable) for his freshman year! YIPEEE!