Friday, August 15, 2008

Off to College and other stuff

Cory's all packed up and it's everything I can do to keep from crying. I'm excited for him, really I am...but I'm going to miss him like crazy. We leave tomorrow and will drop him off Sunday morning. I think I'll be a basket case by then. I know it will be hard for Megan as well. Thankfully, I'll still have her at home! *happy smile* Cory's going to have a busy week besides getting moved in. He starts band camp on Sunday afternoon, and that will keep him busy until school starts. He's got a heavy schedule (chemistry, calculus, economics and a gen ed course). I think he is in for a big surprise...this isn't high school anymore, where you can get away with no studying and waiting until the last minute to turn in your assignments! Hopefully, he'll realize that early on!

Megan's been busy this summer. She went to church camp as a camper for a week, then back to camp to be a counselor for the younger kids, then she volunteered with the Spanish Club at the county fair - cleaning toilets. YUK! After that, she, Cory & I went to Corvallis for a Christian youth conference for a week. It was a crazy July. She's also babysitting twice a week. She's earned a bit of extra money for new school clothes. I think it's burning a hole in her pocket right now! Cory also had a job and earned about $1500 for school! I think we're all looking forward to school starting again.

I've been busy clearing out the clutter in my scraproom. That room seems to be the catchall for all things we don't know what to do with! I also have boxes of old photos & stuff from my mom that I have to go through. I ran across some old family Bibles from her side of the family that have details of our family tree in them. Very interesting stuff. I gave the info to Daddy to put into his family tree program. I also have a bunch of old/heritage type photos. I've gotta figure out what to do with them. Maybe I'll post a few here from time to time! For now though, my scraproom is a huge mess and I haven't been able to scrap in about a month! YUK! Gotta get that cleaned up so I can scrap again....SOON!

No comments: