My friend Charlee, tagged me. I'm supposed to share, with the world, 7 strange things about myself. I don't think I know five people with blogs, and there is certainly NOTHING strange about me. I'm practically perfectly normal in every way! *snickergiggle*
Here are the rules:* If you are tagged, you must firstly post the rules:* Write 7 strange characteristics about yourself. They interest us all!* Tag 5 other people at the end of your Post.* Visit everyone that you have tagged and leave a comment on their blog to let them know that they have been tagged.
ok, here' goes...nothing strange here:
1. I collect Winnie the Pooh stuff. Started with a wrist watch that my Grandparents bought me at Sears when I was 9 years old. Back then, Sears was the only place licensed to sell Pooh (besides Disneyland/World). My Grandparents thought I was weird (ok strange) to want Pooh. Didn't I want one of the princesses? NO! I wanted Pooh. So now, after a few years (ok, LOTS of years), I've amassed quite a collection of Pooh stuff. A whole houseful! That doesn't make me strange...just weird.
2. My first car was a 1965 Mercury Comet. I named it Clyde because there was a little "mercury man" emblazoned on the steering wheel. My Dad bought it for me from my Uncle. It was supposed to be a "good little car." Ha! The first time I drove it any distance (like off to college), the water pump broke. Every time after that, another weird (not strange) thing broke. The right front wheel fell off one time, the tie rods broke another time. I had to change the spark plugs frequently. If it wasn't one weird thing, it was another. I finally got rid of that car and bought...guess....another COMET! This one was a 1964 Comet. I named it Claude. Ok, so I didn't learn from the first time. Go figure.
3. I love going to the beach and hunting agates. Hate the wind. Luckily, I've found a place reasonably close to home where I can hunt agates and stay out of the wind. Bandon Jetty. My family thinks this is a strange hobby and usually refuse to go with me anymore. I can literally sit for hours sifting for rocks, looking for a prized agate that is the size of a pinhead. If I'm lucky I'll find one the size of a thumbnail, but those are rare. I just love being at the beach and photosynthesizing. The dog goes with me. She doesn't mind sitting on the beach with me!
4. My daughter will disown me when I admit this...but I love John Denver & Barry Manilow. Now that's music you can sing to and understand all the words!
5. Nothing strange about this, unless you ask my husband...I love to camp but HATE sleeping on the ground. YUCK. Who wants to do that? I remember as a kid, I'd tease my mom about "camping" in a motor home. "That's not really camping," I'd say. Now I have to laugh at myself, because I'm thinking camping in a motor home would be perfect....though I do settle for tent camping if I can bring an air mattress with me!
6. My husband says this is strange (only because he has NORMAL knees)...I've had 2 knee surgeries on the same knee in less than a year, and it still hurts.
7. Ok, I guess the last thing would be...I so want to be creative. I look at other people's scrapbook pages, their art, their creations and I want to do that. I want to be that. I want to create like that. And try as hard as I can...I just can't. I'm not. It isn't there. The desire is, but the talent isn't. And the strangest thing of all is...I keep trying.
So thereya go Charlee! Now I've got to go see if I've got 5 bloggie friends I can tag and hope they haven't been tagged already! Here's who I've tagged:
1. Rachel. She just took a photo walking tour of Portland. Her photos are awesome!
2. Anne-Marie. She has the most amazing blog! Her artwork is beautiful!
3. Kathy. She took a trip this summer on Route 66.
4. Shirley. Hoping this "tagging" will inspire her to get blogging again!
5. Becky. I've "known" Becky for a long time. She is one of the most amazing scrappers I've "met". Someday I want to grow up and scrap like her!