Sunday, January 21, 2007

All it takes is a little confidence

My son started wrestling when he was a freshman. Most of the kids on his team and those he's wrestled against have wrestled since they were little kids. He's a pretty good wrestler...knows all the moves...but just doesn't have the confidence to win a match because he feels so inexperienced. Until yesterday! Yesterday, he finally put it all together and realized that he DOES know all the right moves, and he went out like a bulldog and put this guy down. Pinned him in the first round. I was SO proud of him!
(Cory is the guy on the left). I know this isn't the greatest pic, but it's the only one I've got of the match.

I never thought I'd like wrestling, but after you watch a few matches, it's hard not to admire these kids. The strength, stamina & agility they've got to have to engage in this sport is amazing. My son plays on the varisty football team and runs on the track team as well, but it's wrestling that really challenges him to push himself. These kids are STRONG and atheletic and agile. It really is an amazing sport to watch!

3 comments:

Becky said...

I used to love wrestlin in high school. The wrestling coach even tried to get me to join...lol! Nah that's okay. giggle

Charlee said...

My brothers wrestled! So did my grandpa! ;) Tell that son of yours GOOD JOB!!
Isn't fun to watch them figure out just what they need to do?

Chris B. said...

I know you are so proud of him. I wrestled in High School and was always at the edge of my weight class. But you are so right, for success you need confidence.